On Saturday we went into Traverse City for lunch and then to do some shopping. Since Mom and Dad were in Traverse City, they decided to drive the 15 miles over to Black Star Farms and hit up the winery for a tasting. I was a good girl and was content in my stroller, so they rewarded me by taking me to see the sheep and horses on the farm.
After leaving Black Star Farms, we drove back to Bellaire. We stopped at some road-side fruit markets to buy some fresh fruit, maple syrup and cherry products. For dinner, we went to Shorts Brewery. Mom was excited that she could sample the beers, since the last time they were there two years ago was the very first day they learned I was going to be joining the family. The restaurant didn't have regular size tables to sit at. They were all high tables, or lounge seating, so I got to walk around some, while picking at my plate.
I took this picture of mom by myself. (Watch out Grandaunt Deb)
Dad snapped this picture when I leaned in to have a closer look at the camera.
After dinner we went back to our condo and went swimming. Mom had bought me a floaty thing to help me swim, but I think I'm too big a girl to use that. I don't need help. I did have fun kicking my legs with Mom. I especially liked being tossed into the air by Dad.
The next morning, we drove up to Petoskey. We walked around the downtown area, but what I really like doing was going down by the water. There was a lot to see like ducks, boats, sailboats and dogs. Even though it was hot and sunny, the wind off the water felt really good in my face.
Elizabeth I love the photo you took of your mom. We'll have to go out together sometime and take some shots. May even take some bird shots for your dad!
ReplyDelete